Deadline: August 15
Scholarship in Sweden
Scholarship for PhD Program
Scholarshipin.com welcomes you in the best website to apply for scholarships and grants. Here you will find undergraduate scholarships, graduate scholarships, PhD scholarships, fellowships, private scholarships, community scholarships, research scholarships and much more. There are lots of other websites which offer scholarship information. But we scholarshipin.com is the best website. Because, here every scholarship is regularly updated. To make scholarship search easier for the students, in scholarshipin.com, the scholarships are organized into different easy to understand categories. For example if you want to apply for scholarship in USA, you can use the Scholarship in USA category to apply easily. The hierarchy of the scholarships are according to application deadlines. As a result, scholarship search in scholarshipin.com is easier than any other websites
The Umea School of Business and Economics is delighted to offer PhD Students Position in Economics to study in Sweden. The research project focuses primarily on income dynamics and worker heterogeneity with the objective of improving the design and performance of social insurance.
In each recruitment, university aim to increase diversity and the opportunity to affirmative action.
- Position is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Position is awarded in the field of Economics.
Amount of Scholarship:
Normally, the PhD program amounts to four years of full-time studies. Each PhD position consists of a two-year scholarship followed by a two-year PhD student employment. The PhD position may also include part-time teaching (up to 20%). If so, the total time for the position is extended corresponding to the teaching time.
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Requirements and qualifications
- The general requirement for admission is a degree on the advanced level, or the applicant has a total of 240 ECT credits of which 60 credits are at the advanced level.
- The specific requirement for admission is that the applicant has at least 90 ECT credits in Economics.
- The main qualifications are scientific skills, a strong interest in research, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team to accomplish the required tasks.
- Applicants must be proficient in both oral and written English.
- Applicants with a degree from a non-Swedish university are encouraged to provide their results from the GMAT (and/or GRE) and TOEFL tests if available.
- Documented skills in using quantitative methods such as Mathematics and Econometrics are a merit.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: The general requirement for admission is a degree on the advanced level, or the applicant has a total of 240 ECT credits of which 60 credits are at the advanced level.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be proficient in both oral and written English. Applicants with a degree from a non-Swedish university are encouraged to provide their results from the GMAT (and/or GRE) and TOEFL tests if available.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
The mode of application is online.
The application shall contain the following documents:
- A cover letter summarising your qualifications, scientific interests and motives for applying (max 2 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A research proposal (max 2 pages) presenting your research ideas and how they are contributing to the current literature in Labor Economics. The research proposal will play an important role in the selection of candidates.
- Degree certificates.
- Bachelor- and/or Master thesis or similar documentation of research skills.
- Name and contact information of two references.
There is very little difference between accredited online college classes and non-accredited online college classes. The difference become acute when after completing the degree from online colleges. Those who get admitted in accredited online colleges and attend classes of accredited online college classes get a valuable certificate upon successfully completion of the college degree. But those who attend non-accredited online college classes get certificates but worthless certificate. They are not hired by the employers. Because there is no credibility of certificate issued by non-accredited online colleges. That’s why do not be tempted by attractive advertisements. Simply get yourself admitted to an accredited online college and start attending accredited online college classes. In the long run quality survives. And so does the degree from accredited online college classes.