Deadline: March 15
Scholarship in Indonesia
The Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University or State Islamic University (UIN) Jakarta is pleased to offer Visiting Scholars Program for the academic year 2017-2018. UIN Jakarta offers grants for two programs Visiting Professor and a Visiting Research Fellow. Overseas scholars are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
These grants aim to strengthen scholarly networks and to provide overseas scholars with an opportunity to carry out research activities in Indonesia, including enhances learning and teaching quality at various departments within UIN Jakarta.
The institution was founded on the basis of awareness of and response to the importance of alignment research activities and community services in order to support the achievement of the target strategic plan (Renstra) UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta penetrate large 500 ranking of world class universities (World Class University) in 2036.
- This is a visiting scholarship programme.
- Scholarship is awarded to promote the exchange of experience and networking.
- Participants of a Visiting Professor and a Visiting Research Fellow programs will receive a travel support (roundtrip economy air tickets) depending on the home country from which they travel to Jakarta, Indonesia. All selected participants will be provided with accommodation and daily local transport to and from a workplace at UIN campus. Living expenses based on the Indonesian national standard rate will be paid to the participants. Additionally, health and medication expenses while staying in Indonesia would be provided by UIN Jakarta hospital.
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
Two categories of grants are offered in 2017.
- Visiting Professor: This program is open to scholars who hold a doctorate and have a minimum position as, or which equal to, Associate Professor at their home institution. The applicants must be affiliated with a higher education institution in their home countries.
- Visiting Research Fellow: Applicants must have been working in their field of research for at least two years. This fellowship is also open for final years PhD candidates enrolled at any of the top 500 World University Rank. The applicants with PhD degree would be preferred, however.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Visiting Professor: This program is open to scholars who hold a doctorate and have a minimum position as, or which equal to, Associate Professor at their home institution.
Visiting Research Fellow: Applicants must have been working in their field of research for at least two years.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
The completed application form must be sent to lp2m-at-uinjkt.ac.id by the deadline: March 15, 2017. The applicants for both programs should fill in application forms (either RESFEL VISPRO-IN or-IN) the US attached.
Documents to be submitted along with the application form are:
- Curriculum vitae (max. 3 pages);
- A list of academic publications;
- Letter of reference;
- Copies of email correspondence with professors/lecturers of UIN Jakarta, showing the intention to jointly carry out the plan while in Indonesia.